View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson853 View Post
4500 past due is a lot considering u should change it every 3000 miles. It's pretty much like u missed two oil changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson853 View Post
If he thinks 4500 past due isn't a big deal id bet he's not changing oil every 3000 miles.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrvaxx View Post
-.- No! Bad!

No modern oil in a modern car needs to be changed every 3000 miles. EVER...except if it is tracked. 4000 or 5000 is plenty.

And synthetics can go 7, 8, or even 12,000 miles between changes.
Arrvaxx is 100% correct here, modern engines do not need oil changes every 3000 miles. That's a notion from the 80's and 90's that is no longer true. A friend of mine just bought a new civic and they were told to come in every 5k for an oil change. Mobil1 synthetic is guaranteed up to 15k miles, and I change mine at half that. Hell, Amsoil is guaranteed to 25k miles.

I'm not trying to be a ****, and you're more than welcome to do what you want with your car, but don't spread misinformation on the forum and make this guy sound like an idiot for driving 7500 miles on one oil change, I've done that with my last 3 cars with no problems whatsoever. That's not the problem here, the problem is that he didn't check his oil levels once a month.

Also, ditto on the motor costs. You shouldn't pay over $3k for a motor. Good luck OP!

Zdayz 2014!!
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote