View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Nick@Adams
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Nick@Adams is on a distinguished road
Default If you needed yet another reason to avoid drive-thru car washes...

Just a quick backstory:

Had to run to the local home improvement store this past weekend. Stopped to get gas when I was leaving, and the station had one of the drive-thru washes that so many of them have. As I filled up and was driving away, I couldn't help but notice the somewhat startling condition of the brushes in the wash bay:

Of course, the first thought that crossed my mind, and I'm sure the same as all of you, was "STAY AWAY!!!"

However, I have some prototype goods at home that need some testing. Because of this, I made a sacrifice for the greater good, and $8, much gnashing of teeth, and about 90 seconds of tears later, here is what my paint looked like in the bright sun later that day:

And the following morning in different light:

In the interest of full disclosure, my paint was not perfect before hand, but I'd say 95%+. Since the last correction, I've done 2 2-bucket washes and 3 Rinseless Washes on it. Being black, there was a light amount of wash damage that could be seen. However, the amount of damage that this single wash inflicted upon it was pretty shocking, wouldn't you agree?!?