View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #37 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I am just checking to see how many folks are a little over the top on a clean Z car? I have been known to be a little over the top. LOL

Have you ever washed your car in the rain?
Yes, I have several times.

Have you ask your wife/girlfriend to beat their feet off before getting in?
Yeap, I am guilty as charged.

Have your girlfriends ever had a name for you that pertains to your clean
issues?

Yes, My nickname was Mr. Clean for a while and I am not bald.

Post up some of the crazy things that you have done due to your cleanliness issues. It's all in good fun.
1. I don't understand the rain thing. That just seems like a waste of time to me. Being my DD, I drive the Z in the rain, but I don't always have the time to QD afterward

2. I replaced my mats with some rubber ones that protect the carpet. I can't think of a time my passenger has ever had excessively dirty shoes.

3. No nicknames that I can think of. However, I am a 2nd generation dishwashing award winner

I don't have the time to be over the top with cleaning a daily driven Z. However, I have learned a ridiculous amount about detailing cars (many thanks, Junkman!), and I have purchased hundreds of $$$ worth of detailing products since purchasing the Z. I have 2-step hand polished almost every panel on the vehicle more than once and thoroughly enjoyed it. My goal is to keep the car where I can clean her up without too much effort.

Last weekend, I removed and cleaned my throttle bodies. It had been a while since I did a real engine detail, so I removed, cleaned, and dressed every piece of trim and hose in the engine bay. I helped two other forum members clean their TBs as well, and I have to say, it was satisfying to see my clean engine bay in comparison to theirs (one with more miles and one with fewer miles). It would have taken me far longer to clean my engine bay if I let it get that dirty.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote