View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
fuct
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of

sounds like you are just low on the fluid. plus it might be dirty.

a complete flush and fill of the system would be advisable too. the master and centric slave cylinders on this car are weak. my CSC went out at 24k miles. only reason they replaced it under warranty was because my clutch look new. had it been abused (actually words on the form) they would not have replaced it. also i think these parts are only covered under the 3 year/36k portion of the power train. i might be wrong though.

if i was you i would flush then drive the car hard like you want until it pops. BUUUT have all the parts waiting on the side. (aftermarket slave and master cylinder for sure and whatever clutch you like)

be careful when pulling the bell housing off it can mess up the CSC and you will need a new one to replace it. something about getting rubber boot material on certain parts. its that rubber seal/boot material that you are seeing in the reservoir as grey/black debris.

sad to say that after owning this car i will no longer buy a manual transmission. all my past cars ive owned have been manual. even the ford ranger i drove as a punk kid.
1995 integra GSR
1999 prelude SH
2003 IS300 (yes manual)
2010 nismo

Last edited by fuct; 07-23-2014 at 09:47 AM.
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote