Thread: Factory Defect
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
cab83_750
Track Member

Drives: 09 NISSAN 370Z
cab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Factory Defect

So in checking my new engine, I noticed that the left side of the radiator rattles. I went to the dealer right away to get it checked.

They called the mechanic and he said that he did not touch the radiator. I kindly suggested that we check another Z in the showroom. Would you believe that it is the same issue?!!!!

Anyway check yours! Grab the hose that is attached to the left side of the radiato and shake it. If the engine is cold the clicking should be very noticeable. Visually you should also see the radiator move.

Another test is to grab the left plastic scew with your fingers and attempt to remove it. Try the same test with the right plastic screw. You will notice that the right is super tight.

Anyway I, being anal, have asked for a new top rubber mount. Unfortunately I do not think this will solve the problem. I will be buying a a super thin plastic washer to supplement the existing engineering problem to totally eliminate the looseness.

Perhaps yours is diferent but what are the chances of my car having the same issue as a showroom car? If yours has this, fix it right away as vibration in the long run could start some chipping away of parts. Or better yet something else

cheers!

p.s.,

The thread title should have been "Factory Defect?" (i.e., a question). Without the question mark, it sounds more like a fact.

I can't seem to change the thread title.

Last edited by cab83_750; 11-23-2009 at 02:01 PM.
cab83_750 is offline   Reply With Quote