Thread: New Z Owner 2 B
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
cfran22
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z CY AT
cfran22 is on a distinguished road
Default New Z Owner 2 B

Big up all Z Owners. I have been tinkering with the idea of getting a Z for years now and have researched everything from the new BRZ, to the Porsche 996, 997 and Cayman S. I have come full circle to the Z. I am currently looking at a 2010 NIMO and a 2011 Touring. The car will only be driven when I visit my Vacation Home in Florida, so I was looking for the maximum fun factor. I am in need of the fun factor because where I live, (Bermuda) the speed limit is 20 mph but they allow you to go, 30 mph. The NISMO @ 36k is going for $25k and the Touring @ 35k, is $23k.

I am very good with a stick shift so the NISMO would be the perfect choice. The problem is, If I get that one, I would have to chauffeur my wife to her marathon shopping trips and I'm not too keen on that. If I get the other, then that problem is solved. My question is, how close to standard shifting is the Paddle shift and does it come close to the fun of the NISMO. I know I can go and test drive them both, but one is located 40 miles from my house and the other 175 Miles. I have one shot at this, as I will be flying up to get one or the other. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
cfran22 is offline   Reply With Quote