View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
BBRSpeedWorks
Premium Member

Drives: 370z,350z,300z,talon
BBRSpeedWorks will become famous soon enough
Default My 5k budget mid mount turbo build

ok so first i'm in the ARMY and i'm building all 5 of my cars on a budget so this is why I didn't buy a kit from BP Greddy or F.I.plus i like the fact of building my own kit...

So last november i had 3 surgerys on my right arm from my last trip over seas. At this point i was looking in to boost for my 370. after tons of reading and reading all of sasha post on his 350z i decided i was going to take the big step in trying to build my own. so i bought a tig welder and got to work. i know a couple of professional welders and they put me to work and showed me alot...

so thats the back ground now ill show u what i have so far this is alot off of what BP kit but i changed some things i think are important....i still a couple things to do but i have to go to cali for 30days for training but for the most part its close to being done....

so here we go ill explain everything

hand made 3/8 stainless steel header flanges

now on to the manifold

i know it's not the best weld but it pretty good for a rookie

made a bracket for the turbo so it wouldnt move and started on the right side cuz i thought it was the hardest.

then on to the left i dont have my flex pipe yet but ill weld it in later

this the turbo placement and it's the best spot to be able to run the intake

now on to charge pipes and intercooler and intakes

made adjustments to the pipes for clearence and i wanted badly to show off my bov's when you pop the hood

And now the intercooler placement is perfect unlike some of the production kits i've seen dead perfect

now last but not least oil stuff. I added the greddy oil pan for ground clerance and remote oil filter for intake

And thats almost everything so far i well be updating as much as i can.....

Last edited by BBRSpeedWorks; 07-25-2014 at 01:11 AM.