View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I bought this car because it is a Nissan built in Japan. I was tickled to death to see the first letter be a "J" in the Vin. Cars built and assembled in Japan are so much better than being assembled anywhere else. My wife has an 03' Maxima that was built in Japan. It was much better than my 2008 Maxima I just got ride of. I have been driving Datsun/Nissan's for 27 years. Exhaust note has nothing to do with how an engine performs and it's reliability. I personally would like to see a 2.4 liter straight 6, twin cam with variable timing (exhaust and intake), direct injection, and for our Nismo, a turbo charged 2.4. The Datsun/Nissan straight six engines would run forever with very little maintenance cost.

I've owned 2 infiniti's and 5 nissans. I know that nissans are generally good quality for the m obey. but I spent 35,000 dollars on a sports car that sounds like a sewing machine. That bothers. Both my G's sounded awesome. The Z and my Altima 3.5 nearly sounded the same. That's not good to me. I shouldn't have to spend money to make my car sound like a sports car when it is in fact a sports car. When buying an enthusiastic vehicle, yes exhaust note mean something to me. Torque means 10 times more to me. The Z gets a D+ on torque for the manual and the C+ on the automatic. Let's push it up two an A+.

I'm about nissan progress, not about nissan fanboy.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 07-22-2014 at 08:30 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote