View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Comparing Nissan torque numbers to Mercedes. Then comparing exhaust notes between Mercedes v6 and nissan v6. I say Nissan needs a lotta help these days on lower end cars. MB already uses almost identical engine technology. We would be getting from Mercedes is refinement. The sounds and torque that should be me in a proper sports car.
I bought this car because it is a Nissan built in Japan. I was tickled to death to see the first letter be a "J" in the Vin. Cars built and assembled in Japan are so much better than being assembled anywhere else. My wife has an 03' Maxima that was built in Japan. It was much better than my 2008 Maxima I just got ride of. I have been driving Datsun/Nissan's for 27 years. Exhaust note has nothing to do with how an engine performs and it's reliability. I personally would like to see a 2.4 liter straight 6, twin cam with variable timing (exhaust and intake), direct injection, and for our Nismo, a turbo charged 2.4. The Datsun/Nissan straight six engines would run forever with very little maintenance cost.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote