View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfixer View Post
From what I heard from a doctor:

There will be an engine manufactured in TN that will go in the lowest model Infiniti. What MB does with the same engine, is up to them.

Also, look forward to the first Infiniti model vehicle built outside of Japan to be produced in good ol' TN. Is that a bad thing? Not when you figure out that the Japanese have decided the quality of vehicles coming out of Smyrna is good enough to carry the Infiniti brand name.

Now, back on topic I wish I could get some intel on the next Z but I'll speculate with the best of them. The next gen GTR will have a new engine producing 800hp. That leaves this motor as a left over that could be shoved into the Z35.
I could see a de-tuned version of the GT-R motor offered in a "super nismo" IPL -type package -- it won't be cheap tho'.

I'd say the odds of that happening might be related to what (if anything) Toyota does with their FT-1/theorized to be new Supra car.

If Toyota rolls out a N/A and a turbo version of a new Supra, like days of yore, I could see Nissan doing the same with the Z to compete.