View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
4TthAnnyZ
Base Member

Drives: 2010 40th
4TthAnnyZ will become famous soon enough
Default Dealer notes "problem with drivability of clutch"

Long story short, I bought a 2010 40th Anniversary a couple weeks ago, has 49k miles on it. Rummaging through the glove box today I found an envelope stuffed with some maintenance papers. At some point it was at a local dealer and with their inspection I noticed that the clutch drivability box had "problem found" checked off.

I notice that the clutch has a few inches of travel before there is any resistance, I just assume that's the way the car is and that the rookie mechanics at the dealer probably have no clue what they are talking about.

Did a little Google searching and found that the slave cylinder is a problematic part on these cars and there was a TSB issues shortly after their model year release in 2010 (I'm sure 2009s have the same problem). The part hasn't failed yet, I just want to know if everyone else's clutch is the same as mine or if this is a sign that I should replace this part. I will say it's more difficult to learn than my previous cars that grab right away, but certainly not anything worse than other performance cars I have driven. From what I have read, this slave cylinder is almost guaranteed to fail at some point, I'm surprised mine hasn't yet, unless I'm one of the lucky ones.

The good news is the steering lock recall was performed, so maybe it already has a replaced slave cylinder... who knows. I should also note that I bought it from a private seller, so I can only assume any warranty (if there is one) is non-transferable and the only way it would be fixed at Nissan's expense is if it was a recall part. So I'm sure I will need to fix whatever problems arise out-of-pocket. I am considering the option to just buy a clutch and aftermarket slave cylinder right now so the parts are sitting in my garage when it ***** the bed. Never really researched common problems with 370s before I bought one, I live most of life based on impulses and it's worked out thus far.

Any insight would be sweet.

Last edited by 4TthAnnyZ; 07-22-2014 at 06:20 PM.
4TthAnnyZ is offline   Reply With Quote