View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphiteZ View Post
Inifiniti is already selling the Q50 with a MB 2.0T outside the US. So, replacing the 3.7 VQ with another MB engine is possible.
This is a very smart financial decision by Nissan. Infiniti's for Europe are manufactured in Europe so the logistic's in using the MB engine makes sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the G's, Q50/60's, Z's and GTR's for the US are all manufactured at the same plant in Japan. If Nissan want's to keep the same business plan, shipping MB engines or retooling their whole factory to assemble this engine with the majority of parts coming from Germany may not make financial sense.

My guess is an in house made Japanese/Nissan engine (probably some form of VQ/VR), will go into all the same cars currently being manufactured there, with the GTR having the best. Having some form of boost in a new engine maybe possible, but with direct injection and newer friction lowering technology, a non boost V6 engine may still be a reality.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote