View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

This is a toughie. I think no matter what the weight of the car is, they will insist on power values that are higher than they were before -- that would knock out the 3.0 turbo option, unless they can bump up the power a bit.

The more powerful AMG motor may be an option, but I expect it to be pricey, and like the IPL G or Q or whatever it is now.

That said, I am expecting the new Z to be only marginally different from the current model at this point -- I'm open to being mistaken and (hopefully) pleasantly surprised, but the new G is pretty much just a refined version of the old one, and the Z tends to follow that, so...