View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #5394 (permalink)
Kirkster
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Roadster of DOOM
Kirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really nice
Default Dyno run for the 240Z

Well have it back from the tuner...

Still have crap in the fuel system. My filter is clogging up pretty regularly...

The first event was this past weekend. BSP (Bring Spare Parts) welcomed me in style. The first run was ok but the fuel filter was kind of clogged and would not get to 6K rpm. The second run was worse with it barely getting above 3K under load. Put it on the trailer and pulled the fuel filter and flushed it out. The third run was great, at least till I spun it. The forth run was where it all went wrong. The battery strap broke and the battery came loose. It came down on the starter on one side and the terminal block for the injectors/fuel pump on the other side. This caused the injector/fuel pump relay fuse to blow and killed the car. So I costed it back to grid and we popped the hood. cranked it a few times and noticed no fuel pump sounds... Took out the fuse and it was blown, changed it out for the fan relay fuse and it fired right up, and as it was my last run it went on the trailer...

New 3 pound battery on the way as well as replacing a couple of the wires that got smooshed. And have to rewire the supply side of my AFR controller as the ignition seems to be kind of picky about where the key is in order for power to come to that circuit. So will put the trigger of a new relay on the same circuit that powers the ECU so the AFR will always be on when the ECU is on.

They joys of building a race car...
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote