View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #8171 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest2300 View Post
mr. kenchan... i have an ice cold corona in hand just for YOU buddy...
hahaha! i had a few glasses of icy cold diet pepsi on the rocks yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
The other gentleman that joined us has G3 intakes. He wasn't able to pull the intakes out of the way very well, and considered leaving them in to clean them. But after seeing how dirty the back side of Tracie's TBs were, he went ahead and removed the upper intake tube and the entire throttle body for cleaning.

I have noticed a more stable idle in the 100 miles I've put on it today; time will tell. On the advice of a Master Land Rover mechanic, I went ahead and got real heavy on the throttle during the relearn period. I swear the throttle response is much quicker on and off now (placebo?).

Before and after pics attached. Actually my OCD got this one even cleaner after the photo was taken.

wow, how the hell does the tb get so dirty? is that oil from the k&n filters or
just unfiltered dust getting on them?

my tb's (even the one on my G with over 30K miles) are prestine. i use the stillen intake on my G
with k&n filter, and you guys know i run the k&n drop ins in my Z.