View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debiandog View Post
Hi all first off I want to be honest and say that the Z was not my first choice. I really was looking for a used Cayman S. If you have not test driven one YOU SHOULD. I would have bought one but, it would have mostly depleted my monthly allotment of "fun money" so I started looking around at other cars. For whatever reason I was overlooking the Z. While pining away for my Cayman I ran into an article comparing the 2 cars. Now while the read did favor the Cayman I was thinking, "I can live with those downsides at half the price!"

I started hunting around for used Z using autotrader and other auto search engines and what-do-ya-know there was a used one with low miles right up the road at the dealer. Still not 100% sure this car was for me I figured it would not hurt to do a test drive. Long story short I was impressed! Even the wife said "I like this car" which is high praise for her talking about one of my "toys". Bought it the next day.

I think it has most everything you could get back in 2010. sport option, bose, nav but I am no Z expert.

There are many things I love about this car but I have a few questions/complaints.
  1. Space - There is not even a good spot to keep your sunglasses. I suppose if I did not have the nav I would have a extra cubby for storage but geez
  2. Backing up - How the heck they sell this car with the rear visibility it has without a rear backup camera standard is mind blowing
  3. Road noise - I am hoping I can find a nice grippy tire that is not so loud
  4. High Beam light intensity - Good grief it is like a blue laser in my eye!!!
  5. All those pretty analog gauges .... then a digital clock?!? I add insult to injury most every screen you can go to on the Nav/Audio has a digital clock in the corner. Yea 2 clocks

Other than that I am pretty much in love with the car. Fast, agile and I find the downshift rev matching just dreamy! I know some of you younger drivers wont remember but back in the year 2000 having a motor making over 300 HP stock was impressive. Here it is 14 years later and Hyundai is making V6s with that. I am old....

Do not plan too many mods probably just (intake, cat back, spacers, and a pro tune) because my wife says I "ruined" my 2001 Trans-Am with all my nonsense (long tube headers, 4000 stall, cam, N2O, etc) So even with nitrous off she is scared to drive it. Heck it scares me sometimes but it almost runs low 11's in the quarter. Again... that was impressive 14 years ago.

Anyway... I will probably be asking a few dumb questions in the future but I will be sure to use the search first!

So here she is my new 2010 Black Cherry 370z. The dealer tags and stickers are coming off TODAY!
You think the visibility backing up is bad on a non nismo... haha
As for the road noise it looks like you have new tires on that used car.... are they the stock bridgestones?

I have driven a 2010 cayman s and they are great cars. I can tell you my friend that had the Cayman s vs. My 350z at the time were neck and neck on a pull on the highway... I had an intake and exhaust and my car brand new was 50 percent less in price.

Well enjoy your new z. They are fun cars. For the mods you want most people go with the stilled gen3 intake and fast intentions exhaust.