View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kmccarthy714
Base Member

Drives: 09 Brilliant Silver
Kmccarthy714 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T Tuning View Post
If you already have a license on your ECU when you come in for a retune you do not have to pay for another license here at R/T Tuning. If the car was already tuned elsewhere you will need to have a copy of the tuned ROM file though if you would like the tune built from your prior tune to save time.

(A Stillen license from their S/C kit is a different story)
I had a tune on my car already, and mentioned that when I made the appointment, they did my tune and then after the case Vince told me that I did indeed have a tune and license with up Rev on the car. Like I said previously my gains were 25 horse and around 12tq with the new tune after adding test pipes (probably a shItty tune first time from previous owner). I don't have my receipt in front of me but since I had a license already they DID NOT CHARGE ME FOR LICENSING. My bill with pre dyno check (smoke test, etc) was 379 I beielve l. James from R/T can probably tell you for sure. Listen bottom line is these guys are good! You can pay 300-400$ for a **** tune like the previous owner of my car did or you can get it done by people who know what they are doing. And RT does, they were one of the first to do it and have done the most of any other shop. I'll take the quality over the $200 savings everytime, my car ran like dogshit WITH A TUNE! I added test pipes the night before my tune and my car runs amazingly now. You guys can do w.e you want I do recommend them and if you walk thru their shop I guess alot of other trust them too there's about 20 cars there waiting for swaps or tunes.

Last edited by Kmccarthy714; 07-18-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Kmccarthy714 is offline   Reply With Quote