View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Felix 808
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 PW/Grey T/S 7AT
Felix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotta View Post
They look like if they were facing the other way they would do better at allowing heat out of the engine bay as opted to pushing air in at the back of your engine bay.

Have you noticed any coolant or oil temperature differences or these more for cosmetic purposes?
They're not designed to work that way, search NACA Ducts. If you don't have a proper temp gauge for H20, it would be hard to see the difference. I installed my guage after the vents so I don't know, but temps while driving will be minimally effected. What I do know is that they help tremendously once the car is parked. I use to go out 3 hrs after a drive to plug my car in (Battery Tender) & all kinds of heat would still pour out of the hood when I opened it. I don't have that problem anymore. So for me it was both function & fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosLax6123 View Post
Hey Felix/Mike, can you take pics of the underside of your hood. I'd like to see how they fit and look from there too. Im not too happy with the quality of my vents, but will be cleaning them up a bit.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For a real clean under hood job, look up MOZEN he did a great job with body filler & paint. Mines not too bad as I tried to minimize the ruffness, but I didn't go the extra steps to clean up the underside as he did.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Last edited by Felix 808; 07-18-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Felix 808 is offline   Reply With Quote