View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 08:47 AM   #996 (permalink)
FlyByGTI
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z Sport
FlyByGTI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
well i just havent had time to go see my guy for stickers. to be honest i may leave the mufflers on. just based on butt dyno i feel the straight pipes lost low end TQ (not like the Z has much to begin with lol) and had a little gain on the top end of the revs.

mufflers on with the bit more backpressure is just so much quicker off the line. or maybe i'm just an idiot and it feels that way based on sound? idk lol

maybe i'll have my pops follow me up there tonight with the jack and other tails and do some testing. takes 10 min to swap them out.

as for AAM yea i PM'd him and i would love to do it but again the reason why i dont have boost yet is the fact that i'd have to dump an extra 5-6k on tranny upgrade since i want over 500HP
Not a bad idea. Back to back runs should give you a clear picture. I can see why having the mufflers on would help with the low end torque though. How's the sound in comparison?? Is it noticeably quieter??

I already know that I'd have to dump probably another 2.5 in for clutch and install, plus the kit. If they threw the clutch in for free I'd be more inclined. I'm still waiting on the "heavily discounted price". If I'm still over 5 or 6k I'd rather save the money and buy some new wheels.

I actually need to do a test fit of the 18x8s I picked up a few weeks ago. If those don't clear the brakes then I'm selling those and running the All seasons I have now then buying some new wheels over the winter