View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANMVQ View Post
I did on my SC , an now have a loan on my sedan and looking at the FI kit, Motor pops you can get a build short block for under 3k that will take 650 WHP. only reason I'm thinking about it again after my other motor blowing :/

VQ37 Engine Short Block Packages - Nissan 370z/Infiniti G37 - Import Parts Pro
You will never get by with spending 3K for a built bottom end. You have to send yours in to get that $750 deposit returned. It costs that alone to yank your motor so consider it $3750. You have to pay for shipping a 150lb block that is $200. You have to buy new studs $500 you have to buy a new head gasket $250 you have to pay someone to pull your motor out, pull heads off, build longblock, re-install. $1500-$2000.

Under 3K???? You be dreamin'

However, I am FI. I blew my motor just recently and am going for a stock block again. The whole thing will cost me under $2000. Yes I wont be able to put down 650+ but I saved myself $4K by not going built block. Plus I will be driving my car again in a week or so. Had I gone built then Id be looking at 3 months probably.

Another thing to add is that if your motor lets go it can ruin the whole thing and not just the bottom end. So now your looking at adding another big amount to cost.

Last edited by TopgunZ; 07-17-2014 at 05:36 PM.
TopgunZ is offline   Reply With Quote