View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #234 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Well r/t tuning is PA is out! They're out of their ******* minds if they think I'm driving 8hrs and spending over $700 for a tune where they are doing nothing special and aren't breaking any ground over anyone else. Tuning for this car is a ******* rip. So sick of people's greed and ******* entitlement that because a car costs more money that they think they deserve more money because of it!! Most shops labor rates are $100 and that's for HARD labor. Like pulling a transmission for a clutch or motor work. Why the **** do you think you're worth over $200 an hour to punch buttons? I tuned my WRX to over 330hp and 396tq with bolt ons and stock everything. Its nothing special and with so many other tuners you'd think you'd want to be competitive. Again, your tunes nothing special. Everyone has been making the same power for YEARS! Only people who think they make more are cheating using STD on a dynojet or cheating with a mustang or dynapak's settings.

End rant
While I completely agree with your frustration, I have to say that the $200/hr is almost certainly more than just a labor rate. Just a quick search of the internets for used dynos show prices from $20k to $40k, which means new ones are probably considerably more. That $200/hr is probably more like $50/hr labor and $150/hr dyno time so the shop can get a return on their investment.

Also have you checked into Dynosty in Louisville, KY. No personal experience with them but have heard decent reviews.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock