View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Limeybastard
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 370Z Sport.
Limeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aszyd View Post
That sounds about right. I know with the oil filters, I tighten until it is almost too difficult to remove by hand. That way I know it's not going to rattle loose. I have been stuck with a torqued on filter and no wrench. It's not fun having to jam a screw driver through the filter to get it off.

Drain plugs are the same, but with tools. Just tight enough to need a little torque to take them off. It's not necessary to put them at 80 ft/lbs.

That occured on my first oil change, the factory had over tightened it then quart a turn. I only every just hand tighten.

Very messy.
Limeybastard is offline   Reply With Quote