View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
mspeasl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Red M6 Sport/Touring
mspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Cost Cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Nissan to Cut 20,000 Jobs - NYTimes.com

Nissan Layoffs: 20,000 Jobs Bite the Dust | Business Pundit

Ouch. I hope they don't start cutting major corners with future iterations of their cars in an effort to cut costs. It wouldn't surprise me if they did, though.
Gang,

I bought a 08 Toyota "X-Runner" a year ago last November. This sport truck is a limited build vehicle for Toyota. They announced in late December 08 that due to cost restraints they were suspending production of this vehicle until further notice. No date was set for resuming at that time. So what does this say for Nissan and our beloved "Z's"?????? For those of us that wait and don't buy what is out there now???? Are we going to be able to order what we want when we want it???? These are questions that I am sure even the Dealers can't answer. Stand by, this down turn is only going to get worse.

BTW, A quick history lesson. The market crashed in October 1929 from a then high of 333 points. Any one want to guess when it was that the market returned to that 333 point?? 1954