View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
brutusvk
Base Member

Drives: 2014 sport package
brutusvk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Companies generally do not want to have bad customer service. The ones that have bad service and don't care do deserve to go under, I agree.

The thing is, the best way to get good customer service is to let companies know you received bad customer service and give them a chance to make it right, and complaining on a forum, while it might make you feel better, will just result in fewer people buying stuff from that company. Maybe they go out of business because everyone hears their customer service sucks... Maybe if you would have let them know, they would have canned the jackass that gave you attitude, given you a 25% discount, and overnighted your parts today.

Maybe you already did escalate your complaint but it doesn't sound like you did. You need to.

Move up the ladder beyond the jackass that can't be bothered to answer your questions about the order. If you get the attitude of "you're not worth my time" as you move up then yeah, screw that place, let them die a slow death.

And to answer your question, no, customer service is not dead. But you do have a lot of idiots in entry-level customer service jobs who feel like they're too good to do something simple like help you get your stupid parts.
I did try to let them fix it. Dealt with more than one person. I also have strings of emails. Some places get big enough that service may suffer. I grew up in tbe auto business. My dad is still in the auto repair business and customer service is number one. Thus, his shop is always top sales, etc. And if you look, I was venting in general. I was asked to say which specific place. You can check, I give positive reviews when warranted too. I dealt with this place since 2005 but it was always basic stuff. Never had to deal with customer service. If it was local, I could go there. But via telephone and email it is tougher. And real tough if the people you deal with don't care. Because you are at their mercy and may not get to those that do care. Again, I was speaking in generalities. Had one too many bad experiences with lack of customer service lately.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote