View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
ART_Auto
Base Member

Drives: 370z
ART_Auto is on a distinguished road

Cant believe you put this thread up, there must be something in the air lol.

I was just about to make a post regarding oil cooling especially cooling when it comes to forced induction.

Im currently running the Stillen Gold Series Race oil cooler, 25 rows with AN8 fittings. We are running the stock front bumper/fascia with Stillen front lip and Stillen canards. On track around 20oC ambient temps we are able to get the oil up to around 120oC in around 10 minutes which is useless.

We are upgrading to the FrozenBoost charge cooler radiator so currently from the front to back:-

FrozenBoost Type 101 26x7x3.5 Radiator
Stillen Gold Series Race 25 Row Oil Cooler
Mishimoto Aluminium Radiator

So my conundrum is:

Option 1:- Using the current thermostatic plate with AN8 fittings and up rate the cooler to a 34 row x 235mm from APS and leave in the current position and add 8" electric fan.

Option 2:- Replace the thermostat with a Mocal sandwich plate with AN10 or AN12 fittings with APS 34 row x 235mm and leave in current position and add 8" electric fan.

Option 3:- Replace the thermostat with a Mocal sandwich plate with AN10 or AN12 fittings with APS 34 row x 235mm and leave in current position and attempt to position cooler in the driver side (UK right hand side) bumper below the headlight and put two 76mm intakes

Option 4:- Using the current oil cooler setup and move to driver side (UK right hand side) bumper below headlight and use oil cooler shroud with two 76mm intakes.

Option 5:- Replace thermostat with Mocal sandwich plate with AN10 or AN12 fittings and place a Setrab 592mm x 14 row (122mm) SLM cooler place right across the base of the radiator, kind of where the Stillen one sits except a lot longer yet shorter in height.

What do you guys think?

I dont really want to try all those options or I will be buying multiple bumpers and multiple coolers lol
ART_Auto is offline   Reply With Quote