View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Roo
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z with nav
Roo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver37 View Post
This issue continues to really anger me. The noise in my car was super loud today that my ears are still ringing hours later. It ruins the car for me, and I consider it the worst problem I've ever had in ANY car. At least the problems I had in other cars were fixable. As you state, the issue is as I suspected - way more involved than just the ECU. I can have the noise for days, then suddenly, with no rhyme or reason, the noise will disappear for a day or two.

Roo...if your's is as loud as mine, what you need to figure out is a way to measure the DB level of that sound to prove it could cause hearing damage. That would be the game changer. The guys on the G37 website have taken the first step towards identifying the frequency, now what we all need to do is get equipment that can accurately measure the sound level at that frequency. We at least need to prove that the noise is loud enough to cause a distraction which would make the car unsafe to drive. That would also be a game changer in getting a fix.
I myself do not have the time to do that, I work 12-13 hour days and the last thing I want to do is test on my car. If someone can get this done PLEASE let me know.

And like I have said in many threads, HIRE AN ATTORNEY! Even if Nissan comes out with a fix you will be compensated.
Roo is offline   Reply With Quote