View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ed_Collins
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nissan 370z MR A7
Ed_Collins is on a distinguished road
Default Mechanical key wouldn't unlock door

Greetings,

I took my Toyota Celica to work this morning, instead of my Z, because I'm picking up a few passengers on the way home.

For this reason I didn't have my Z's Intelligent key with me - I left it inside my house. I DID have my Z's mechanical key with me, because I always carry that around separately, on my key ring.

Just before I got in my Celica, I realized my wallet was still in my Z. So I went into the garage to get it, again without the Intelligent Key nearby. I hadn't yet ever done so (new owner here), but from what I read I thought I could unlock the Z with just the mechanical key.

However, I couldn't do so. The door wouldn't unlock. After inserting the mechanical key in the driver's side door handle, it wouldn't turn to the right. It WOULD turn to the left, and I could hear a click as if the doors were locking, but nothing was happening when I tried to turn it to the right. It didn't seem to want to turn in that direction. The doors remained locked.

What was I doing wrong?

I was already late and so I didn't even bother going back in my house to get the Intelligent Key to unlock the car. I figured I'd be okay for one day without my wallet.

When I get home I'll play around with it some more, but in the meantime, is there anything specifically I should try?

Thanks in advance.
Ed_Collins is offline   Reply With Quote