View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Silver37
Base Member

Drives: G37S, Nissan Maxima
Silver37 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo View Post
One member here had his ECU replaced but the problem was still there. From my understandings from the Nissan tech is that they would almost have to rewire the entire car to find the problem. There seems to be no correlation between build dates or vin numbers.
This issue continues to really anger me. The noise in my car was super loud today that my ears are still ringing hours later. It ruins the car for me, and I consider it the worst problem I've ever had in ANY car. At least the problems I had in other cars were fixable. As you state, the issue is as I suspected - way more involved than just the ECU. I can have the noise for days, then suddenly, with no rhyme or reason, the noise will disappear for a day or two.

Roo...if your's is as loud as mine, what you need to figure out is a way to measure the DB level of that sound to prove it could cause hearing damage. That would be the game changer. The guys on the G37 website have taken the first step towards identifying the frequency, now what we all need to do is get equipment that can accurately measure the sound level at that frequency. We at least need to prove that the noise is loud enough to cause a distraction which would make the car unsafe to drive. That would also be a game changer in getting a fix.
Silver37 is offline   Reply With Quote