View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #22 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
So far so good, the lean idle has more or less stopped. But a new quirk has started which I think may be related to my changes. I been around these tuning programs long enough to realize that table names dont always mean what they suggest they should mean.

For example this car switches to that "COLD" fueling table at idle under some conditions (causing the lean spikes while idling). I would assume that that fueling table might actually not so much be a cold table as it is some sort of emissions modified table on the car. Either way changing the cold table with the main table values fixed pretty much everything. However now on hot starts it will take a second or more to crank up which also means that this car may be using this as a fueling table for starting.

My solution to this is take the cranking region of the table and return it to where it was before and see if that gives me the best of two worlds.

Either way this engine is still running strong and happy at 12-13PSI of boost.
Nice work Mitch...Keep up posted!

Since my tuner is a sponsor here I'm totally just going to have him read this thread and see if he thinks it's worth tweaking anything during my next tuning session.

Oh...and you are running 13psi? What power level is that?

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote