View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 03:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbrah View Post
Oh nvm, pictures in your post made me think your original paint was pw and you rattle canned over it. I hope you know what you're doing and crossing my fingers for you that this turns out good. I cant imagine the cost of a whole new paint job to fix it.
O gotcha. No the first pic was the matte white PD, OEM was metallic silver.

Well I've read all I can read. Hence the grits of sand paper, dry times, finishing technics etc. Its 100% the same as any painter would do minus the different materials used. Although sometimes your air gun can spray without orange peel in a perfect temp, humidity, controlled paint booth etc, but still 1 in 3 will need wet sanded at 2000 to get rid of it. And even though a painter may not have to wet sand the clear because he got no peel, it still depends on what the customer wants as a finish. You'll always get a show car finish if you sand and buff and some people don't need a great finish. Most OEM paint jobs are orange peel to the moon to keep costs down. Hell most body shops have a hard time matching the OEM paint job because the paint job sucks to begin with. My ex's Toyota camery was a perfect example! Glass on the key'd drivers side and crap OEM peel on the passenger.

These cans also help with the jobs of today. 100% like professional paint supplies where they do have a hardener inside you prick and start the mix. The cans are also pressurized 4x the amount of normal cans for atomization. Rattle cans have come a long way!

Last edited by synolimit; 07-14-2014 at 03:26 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote