View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 03:00 AM   #148 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Decided to change out my cai system that uses the OEM MAF section. It's only 2.35" ID which matched the throttle body. Now that my TB is 2.48", I need to have the piping bigger. From the way I understand it, your intake should taper down in size and not up. Tapering down would increase air flow like air going through a compressor on a turbo. I'm going with 2.75" OD pipe or about 2.63" ID. That should have the system bigger than the TB and really help. I bought new MAF housings and they showed up today. Only $40 on ebay. I'm still waiting on the pipe. I'll post pics soon.

Last edited by synolimit; 08-01-2014 at 04:20 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote