View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Roo
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z with nav
Roo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeatherman View Post
Minor annoyance. Whatever Nissan. I've gone over to the Infiniti FX forum and asked if anyone has this problem. My '09 FX doesn't have the problem, and it sounds like noone else does either.

What was interesting was someone had an EX35 loaner and heard it loud and clear. This was before knowing this was ever an issue.

Roo, did you ask to swap cars, or ask for your full purchase price back? I would think they'd say if you wanted a swap, they'd just say to keep your car with a cash reward. If you asked for full purchase price back, they'd just do it. I can't stand this noise and don't think of it as "minor."

Nissan, if you're reading, FIX THIS FAST. I'll be sure to take my sister's EX35 in as well. My FX, I'm not taking it in (nor will report it) unless I can hear it... which I can't. That just shows you that I'm not just scratching for a complaint. Good luck Roo. Nissan said they're working on it, so I'm not going to sit and fight. I'll wait for a little while. I still trust them. I know, Roo, you've had it. Did anyone say that they are working on the fix for you?

(Roo, I've asked you two questions in this thread.) Thanks man.
My thoughts exactly, but I was happy that Nissan admitted the problem and didn't try to deny it. With the letter I got, them admitting the problem to my attorney, and the settlement offer I am confident in winning.

When I first brought it to my dealer they tried to tell me that noise was normal and nothing was wrong. I asked them to drive another car on the lot and they said ok, the noise was not there. I asked them at that time if I could swap cars but they said no, but again I went through my dealer when I should have called Nissan. At this point I am going for a complete buy back, I am not interested in keeping this car with all the problems that have arised. Something else that pisses me is the latch sticking. It really sucks to go to your car in the pouring rain after leaving the grocery store and you have to put your groceries on the wet floor so you can use both hands to open your hatch. And now your bags are all wet, things spilled out etc etc. It's even worse when you come out of the dry cleaners.

Nissan told you they are working it? I have not heard that, but then again Nissan cannot contact me after I hired an attorney. Last I was told is that there was no fix at this time.

I believe I answered both your questions.
Roo is offline   Reply With Quote