View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #238 (permalink)
Jack370Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Plat SP 6MT
Jack370Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FricFrac View Post
Nissan Canada replaced my springs - I'd like to say no questions asked (I had about five people ask me what the problem was each time I talked to someone different even after the parts had been ordered in) but I never ran up against any resistance. Even getting service from a dealership different from where I bought the car. What I did was walk into the Service department with the part number for the longer spring. I told them the hatch wasn't opening properly and the fix was to use the longer spring. They checked with the service manager and ordered in the new springs. It takes a grand total of 10 seconds to change both sides. Tell the dealership you're dealing with here's the simple fix or do whatever you want to do but fix it because its broken.
Glad you had a good experience...that has not been the case here. I've been to the dealership I bought the Z from and another I didn't...neither would acknowledge the fix we KNOW works and Nissan has no response. It's sad...I am considering buying the springs myself (so I can get into the back of my Z) but feel Nissan needs to acknowledge the problem, fix and pay for it.
Jack370Z is offline   Reply With Quote