View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 09:25 PM   #450 (permalink)
aszyd
Track Member

Drives: Magma Red 370z T+S
aszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
Alright, I have to be a pest, what did the transmission fluid look like coming out? My differential fluid was like everyone else's filthy, but I'm curious about everyone's transmission fluid.
I've always heard that no one has ever had dirty tranny fluid. Mind you the viscosity and detergents/synchro lubes could have deteriorated, but it's not dirty. I'd expect engine oil to be dirty, it's cleaning and lubricating the engine, removing combustion by-products, but the diff fluid being so dirty really surprised me. Just curious about your transmission fluid condition after 30K.
Darkened, but clean. Pour some out and it is a light golden color that can be seen through. I can only assume they recommend swapping it out because of all the heat cycles it goes through. Makes me wonder if the service interval can be increased to 45 or 60k when using a high quality oil. Of course, the Redline was only $70 shipped from Z1 so that's not a ton of money to spend every 30k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
A homeless panhandler told me he loved me when I got to a red light. He also walked towards the rear of the car and was crouched down near my rear bumper when the light turned green.
Did you give him any money? If not, who knows what he did to the car.

Last edited by aszyd; 07-12-2014 at 09:30 PM.