View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #447 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aszyd View Post
I put the short-throw in on Friday. Everything feels different. Based on when I did it to my '09, not really, I couldn't tell a difference. I'm just glad to have some good, clean oil in there. I'll be at 30k in a few months, so it's just a couple extra things that I do not need to take care of.
Alright, I have to be a pest, what did the transmission fluid look like coming out? My differential fluid was like everyone else's filthy, but I'm curious about everyone's transmission fluid.
I've always heard that no one has ever had dirty tranny fluid. Mind you the viscosity and detergents/synchro lubes could have deteriorated, but it's not dirty. I'd expect engine oil to be dirty, it's cleaning and lubricating the engine, removing combustion by-products, but the diff fluid being so dirty really surprised me. Just curious about your transmission fluid condition after 30K.