View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
Went up the ramps today and tightened the nut another ~1/5 of a turn or so. Felt some resistance this time. Took it out for a test drive and it's as tight as stock now. Steering wheel feels heavier yet has no issues returning to center at all. It tracks straight as an arrow at high speeds even when driving over rough patches of asphalt. It used to be unpredictable and downright scary to drive on rough sections on highway roads before and I assumed it was my worn out front tires. Steering and maneuvering is far better as well.

I still haven't replaced my tires yet (planning on powder coating wheels, doing both in one go), so will update again once I do so.
Good deal. That is about as good as you are going to get. I would do a PS fluid exchange just to be sure you don't have any metal in the system. You can do it with a PS fluid exchange system or remove the return line going to the reservoir, extent it into a 5 gallon buck, and have someone start the car while you poor fluid in. The danger is running the pump dry. Do not let it run dry. Bad things will happen so shut the car off quick if it get's close.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote