View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
... I'm concerned that in the event of an accident an amp that isn't well secured to the body could possibility become a projectile. I enjoy killer audio, but not in that way! ...
That panel seems pretty substantial to me. Use a backing plate of some sort (Al should work well, also) that is glued to the plastic (rubber cement?) and make sure the amp is secured to the plate. Should stay put in any wreck that you would live through if you do it right. You might want to add some screws/washers (wrinkle finish black paint should blend in well) around the edge of the plate to further secure the plate, keep it in contact with the glue, and help spread the load.

Edit: I would avoid mounting an amp near the floor and behind the seat. Too easy to block air flow. YMMV