View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nillaz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z M6 Sport
Nillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I vaguely recall someone posting pics of doing that but it may have been mounted on the lower section of that panel, closer to the floor.

Edit: I don't remember what "someone" did but I'd glue a piece of plywood to the back side of the plastic and then screw/bolt the amp onto the plywood. The weight of the amp is on the plywood which spreads out the load on the plastic and minimizes flexing.
Excellent suggestion on reinforcing the back, and if I do end up mounting in this location I'll do just that.

The more I think about it though the less inclined I am to use this spot though. It seems ideal because it's largely wasted space...but I'm concerned that in the event of an accident an amp that isn't well secured to the body could possibility become a projectile. I enjoy killer audio, but not in that way!

I still have a few days before i start the install, so I guess I'll kick it around in my head some more.
Nillaz is offline   Reply With Quote