View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #77 (permalink)
MrSir
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z Black A7
MrSir is on a distinguished road

i've driven my z the past 3 winters, and honestly in toronto the car is perfectly fine. I run the base wheels with michelin winter tires on 225 and 245. Im 1.5" lower then stock height with a lip and i am yet to get stuck in a toronto winter. Last winter i drove in 2 of the snow storms, and the ice storm, and it was fine. If you are driving it in snowy conditions my advice turn the stupid VDC off. it hinders your ability to drive safely more than it helps you. If you stop at a light on up hill you are not gona get far with the vdc on, also the ABS will triple your stopping distance in the snow. Me personally i rather modulate throttle and braking myself for better control.

As for rust protection it is definitely good to do it, i've only done it once 2 years ago, and my car was covered with rust protection overspray all over. The two spunge things that your hood rests on when you close it were soaked with that stuff for about a year. Borderline impossible to clean them. For that reason i have stopped doing the rust protection. i do occassional checks on my underbody to spot for signs of rusting or damage doh.

if you care about your paint and headlights, wrap them both, autolinks provide a service for both. For the paint a cheaper alternative is plastidip but i am not 100% on how it holds up in winter conditions.
Evo-R Front Lip | RAZO Shifter Knob | Avant Garde Wheels | Hankook Tires | Berk HFCs | Agency Power CBE | AEM CAIs | Z1 Oil Cooler | Morimoto xB LED Halos | Tein Super Street | StopTech Rotors, Pads, SS Lines
MrSir is offline   Reply With Quote