View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #73 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
I live in Minnesota, so...almost Canada. My Z gets put away in November, comes back out in March. The Z can be driven in the snow but you'll want different wheels and you'll have to have snow tires. In the meantime, bear in mind that although it can be driven in winter, by no means is it fun to do so. My daily driver in the winter is a 4wd Sierra.
The main reason I do as MacCool does is that in Minnesota we use salt. Winter destroys cars around here. If I lived in Denver, where they don't salt, I would be less anal about it.

The biggest issue with snow, salt aside, is how low your car sits. Snow plows are huge for a reason. The Z makes a terrible snow plow. So if you drive it in winter you'll need a heavy snow day car.

As far as whether you buy now or wait...I wouldn't hold my breath for the new Z design. I'm in the camp that thinks it is going away or that they will screw it up so bad that I will deny it exists. Honestly, I wouldn't buy a new Z but instead buy a used one that has low miles (meaning it was put away in winter) and no mods (meaning it was likely not driven by someone that is well aware they come with a rev limiter!

Buy a sport if you plan to mod the body or go Nismo if you don't.

But whatever you do...go Z and put a the370z.com sticker on it!
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote