View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
also pick up a breaker bar.
Aaaaaaaaand within a matter of hours I have changed my mind! This comment actually stirred up the thought process.

I realized that even though the wrenches have adapters to drive regular sockets and extensions/whatever.... the sockets themselves dont have any adapters to attach to standard extensions/whatever. I'm a renter and I like to keep my tools as versatile and small as I can, and this would require me to buy too much more crap (more sets of sockets).

So, I'm going to return it... Sears tools are still on sale online, so I got a 165 pc mechanics tool set with all 6-point sockets. Because of the adapter issue I had with the other set, they gave me another 10% off! Overall I will save about $50 compared to he pass through set.. enough to buy the small Harbor Freight pass-through set ($20) if I want to give that a go... and have a small set I can keep in the car as well.

Also, incase anyone was wondering why I just jumped in another Craftsman set - I am a big believer in tool abuse/unintended purpose use (i.e. my 1/2" drive ratchet is next to me...but the hammer is alllllll the way over there") so I enjoy the lifetime warranty with no-questions-asked replacements.

Thanks guys!
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote