View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #51 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
brought her home today...lets see if Nissan got this engine right. Got the "break it in" speech AGAIN...... lol. No word yet from consumer affairs on my exhaust....
I read your story. It sucks. You can get a engine from time to time that the rings just won't seat. The older inline 6 L28 engines could be a pain. Many older tech's that I have talked to said they would take them out and run the crap out of them with no water when they changed an engine. I thought that was crazy but it must of worked for them. I would short change this first change at 1000 miles if it was me. I also would suggest to change the oil every 6 months or 3,000 miles. My wife's 03' Maxima will eat some oil at 80,000 miles if I let it go over 6 months. She doesn't drive that much and is only 6 miles to work. It kills the oil. The worst kind of a commute, a very short one.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote