View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmangal7 View Post
I heard synchro rev is for racing only.
Syncro Rev is there to make life simper and easier on the transmission as it avoids the potential for transmission snatch (not to be confused with other types of snatch btw) on up/down shift.

I have no idea of the logic that would lead to anyone turning it off given that it smooths both up and down-shift.

Getting the car off the line smoothly with the OEM clutch does call be a momentary clutch slip in my opinion, but it is just that, a momentary thing that requires some coordination and concentration.

I reckon you need to turn syncrorev back on and consciously practice getting underway with a minimal clutch slip until it becomes second nature. When I say momentary, I mean maybe a quarter second on so - enough for the vehicle to move a couple of feet and the road speed to match engine speed at maybe 14-1500 rpm.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote