View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #6283 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15 View Post
Wasn't intended to offend anyone, sorry about that. My wife is actually 1/2 German and it's a joke we say, but sorry if I offended you.

But to put things in perspective, my family (I'm first generation in the US) went through something just as bad during the Khmer Rouge regime, also known as the Cambodian genocide. My grandfather lost his life in a labor camp, and my parents, aunts, and uncles spent years in a rufeege camp in Thailand before coming to the US with no money and no help. That's besides the point though because did you even know there was such a genocide? In addition did you know there's an estimated 3million Cambodians killed? Many bodies, such as my grandfather have not been found. Thats 3 million people from one country the size of Missouri killed in less than 4 years.

So be glad that people around the world know and recognize the dark times that your family went through because 99% of the world has no clue what mine went through even though the ideolgies between the two are nearly identical.
Thank you for sharing this important part of history and your family.