View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
AP - Chris_B
Base Member

Drives: Many
AP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
I want to add...your brake lines are not something you want to cheap out on. Failure in that area could result in some very bad happening!
+1 to that! I had a rear line failure two years ago on the freeway. It looked like I ran over something that kick up and sliced a rubber line. I had just upgraded the front lines, but the rears in the kit weren't correct. While I was waiting for the replacements, the left rear got cut. Cost me one BMW E34 540i M-Technic 6-speed in pristine condition, but we were lucky no one was hurt. It happened right in front of a highway patrol car. Fortunately, he was a vehicle inspector who signed off on my equipment damage explanation. I was about 4 feet from taking out his car too...
AP - Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote