View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #33 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
do most car sales people even like cars?
From my experience, most of them are just selling boxes. Especially at new car dealers. Replace the cars with kitchen appliances and all they would notice is the prices/commissions are lower.

When I was selling Sony car/home stereos, I could tell you the major features/specs on every model we stocked and most of what was in the catalog. The details that I didn't have in my head, I could look up in a minute or two. Same when I was selling Apple computers. And my fellow salespeople were just as knowledgeable about what we were selling. But that was decades ago (about three of 'em) and times have changed.

When you find a good salesperson, support them. They are a dying breed.