View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #66 (permalink)
90 ST
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 90 and 15 GMC Sierra
90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_Z View Post
Change the oil every month? How many miles do you drive her per month?
It's roughly every month, but average 6000kms a month. this month will be over 12,000...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefaulter View Post
Would you consider aftermarket CSC+clutch if this one fails?
How much did ECU replacement cost you if out of warranty?
I had after market clutch, the problem was the CSC sucks, if this one goes i'll be doing a aftermarket one, the problem is time to ship it to Canada, etc. ECU was under warranty, it was about 6 months after I got the car. it did however take a month to get the part in...which sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
If you're having to pay out of pocket, consider the ZSpeed HD CSC or the Z1 CSC Delete Kit. Specialty Z also has a rebuildable clutch kit with a tilton CSC.

You won't have to replace them again. Just the CMC, which is A LOT cheaper.
I had to take out the Stillen Flywheel and ACT clutch, it was the cause of the CSC going to often, too much spring pressure for it, as mentioned above I can't have the car off the road long so ordering one in is tricky, but if I don't sell the clutch and flywheel and the CSC goes again i'll wait and get the CSC from Z1. so far I've paid once for the CSC to get done, the dealership has paid twice...so it's not been to bad other then i'm always away when it happens.
90 ST is offline   Reply With Quote