View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleunetizen View Post
i remember reading a post earlier saying the same thing somewhere, saying the reading of the stock gauge is the 'inlet' oil temperature, which is the cooled oil.

That sounds good to me but if that was true then the temperature should raise to 90deg+(194f+) quite quickly when the car is stationary and not getting the air flow through the cooler?
I'm not understanding the question...?

I THINK this is the answer... The thermostatic plate is set to 180f
When cold, about 10-20% of the oil will run through the oil cooler, and 180f is 100% of the oil passes through the cooler.
So from cold to 180f the thermostatic plate allows from 10-20% oil pass through to 100%

I hope that made sense