View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

i just fitted the new version of the Gemini catback last week.
installation was overall pretty straightforward - 1.5hrs on a hoist all up including removal of existing exhaust.

my package was missing 8 bolts, 8 nuts and 2 gaskets so i am currently using some random spares until they arrive.

i have Berk HFC aswell. my previous exhaust was an Exoticspeed Y and midpipe custom mated to the stock rear muffler. This combo would be raspy when i stomped on it but it was an exotic sort of rasp which i kinda miss.

The new Berk with Invidia combo has no rasp. The HFC hiss is pretty drowned out by the deeper Invidia note. I now get a little pop & crackle between shifts which is awesome!

Fitment-wise, the left tip seems to be angled upwards slightly while the left side is spot on. Seems like the factory put a mandrel bend in the left exiting pipe from the muffler for no reason.

When i first put the HFCs on many months back, i didnt have bolts for the trans brace so i drove a night without the brace and my lord how annoying it was!! vibrations galore, especially on the overrun. the entire car felt like it was vibrating!!

So aside from the missing components and slight fitment issue, the only thing i have to complain about is that this combo is quite a lot louder than i was expecting.
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote