View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 12:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
axmea?
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reposting this from an experience I had August LY. This was on the Fast Intentions and Best Compliment thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmea? View Post
I posted this in the Best Compliments thread but since this is also about Fast Intentions, I'm posting here as well.

I'd put this on top of my list:

Left home early enough to get to work by 8AM. I jumped on the fwy and it was packed. Traffic news says an accident on the 210 jamming the 5. What normally took 25 minutes ended up being 1:15 on the road with 5 minutes more to get there.

Along Tampa Blvd about 3 blocks before I turn right, I took off from the stop light going from the left lane where I was at onto the right lane but accelerated pretty quick to beat everyone else. As soon as I got to the middle lane out comes a black and white with his lights flashing. I did not even see him and was caught off guard by this. To be honest I did not know if I even went above the speed limit (45) ore not, all I knew is I got there fast. I stopped just before the next light and I was mad at myself ready to tell the officer "I'm sorry, you got me". I was also thinking great, I have no plates in the front, car's pretty loud, I'm gonna get a hefty fix it ticket on top of a speeding ticket.

Officer steps out of his car, with his partner sitting inside, officer came to my side smiling and stuck his hand out to shake mine, all while I was telling him how sorry I was and you got me. Told him about the traffic I was just it and rushing to get to work, etc. He was talking over me at the same time saying "no, no, you're cool. I just wanted to stop you because I'm car guy and I love what you did with your car.....and that exhaust, it sounds really good. I'm not giving you a ticket. I'm just a car guy and my partner even knows that, so you're cool." How lucky can I be! I WAS SO HAPPY!!!! and grateful. I said cool! we can talk about cars all day long Officer xxxxxxx. He asked Where did you get that exhaust? I told him it was made by Fast Intentions in Simi Valley. He said it sounded really good. "When you took off, I had to stop and talk to you about it".. In my excitment, I offered to give him two $10 gift cards from work that I readily hand out when I meet people and I was thinking to myself, oh ****, I hope he does not think it's a bribe, I was just happy. He turned it down of course. He said no you're cool. I told him how cool he was and gave him my business card and said let's connect and talk about cars. We can even go to a car meet if you want. He said, cool and shook my hand and let me off. I waved back at his partner sitting in the patrol car. I drove off laughing at myself and about what just happened the rest of the way to work.

This my friends is the best compliment I had so far.

>MyZ's Album< NISMO Convert/ECUTEK/Takeda CAI/F.I. HFC NR CB Carbon/F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler/4.08 Final Drive /Powertrix+Swifts/Hotchkis/SPL/Whiteline/TWM/Zoom Engineering/EVO-R/AeroJacket Vented CF Fenders + CF Spoiler/Avant Garde-WORK/NST/Morimoto Halo/STi Clear Lenses/Carbon Signal Automotive/RJM Performance/ZSpeed Clutch Flywheel CSC delete
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote